Recent Projects from Kandel Construction Group
Grand Potomac Masterpiece Came from Humble Beginnings
The existing house was a large, sprawling rambler, with no real character. It had a good, solid foundation and a breathtaking two-acre lot. The owners wanted a home reminiscent of a historic, early American country estate. It had to be large enough for a growing family, and have a fully functioning home office while being warm, welcoming, and comfortable.
The existing house was demolished to the first floor. The new home was completely redesigned to fit almost completely on the existing foundation. A rear addition was created for the new family and breakfast rooms.
This home has everything the owners wished for:
- Impressive entrance foyer with custom herringbone hardwood floors, and historically correct millwork around every doorway
- Elegantly appointed formal rooms off each side of the foyer for large-scale entertaining and functions. Again, site-built millwork by master carpenters are apparent in every view
- Chef’s Kitchen with custom-built cabinetry, professional appliances, granite countertops, and designer faucets.
- There is even a pot filler behind the range to eliminate an extra trim to the sink
- The family room boasts large, sun-filled windows with incredible views of the property, a six-piece beamed coffered ceiling, and a wood-burning fireplace with custom-made surroundings and a detailed wall above
- The master suite features a sitting room, bedroom, his and hers closets, and a large, luxurious, spa-like bathroom with heated marble floors and every conceivable amenity
The overall goal in designing and building this house was to give it the presence and character of a century-old country estate with all the modern amenities and conveniences of today’s luxury homes. Mission accomplished!
Contact us to learn more about the projects detailed in our construction project portfolio. We proudly serve clients in Bethesda, Potomac, Chevy Chase, and the surrounding areas of Maryland.